HAFP is the only organization solely dedicated to advancing the specialty of family medicine in Hawaii. As a Family Physician, your membership is an important indication of your commitment to the specialty and to the patients you serve. Hawaii family physicians, residents, and students are members of HAFP because they understand the important and valuable role this organization plays.
The AAFP exists to power 134,600 physicians and medical students nationwide, as the only medical society devoted solely to primary care. Family physicians conduct approximately one in five office visits — that’s 192 million visits annually or 48 percent more than the next most visited medical specialty.
As a member, not only will you help advance this important specialty, but you’ll also have exclusive access to our CME reporting service, discounts on hundreds of courses and products, and leading-edge career and practice support.
AAFP membership is unified, which means that members are required to belong to the national AAFP and to their state chapter. The AAFP has a chapter for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Uniformed Services, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Members are also required to belong to a local chapter, if one exists in their area.
Chapter membership makes it convenient for AAFP members to access relevant information and focused resources right where they live and work. Chapters offer local and regional opportunities to network, mentor, volunteer, take a leadership role, and get involved in the AAFP.
How to Become a Member*
- Go to the AAFP and select the appropriate membership category (e.g. student, resident, international, supporting, life, reinstate, transitional, new physician, or inactive)
- Create a new account or log into the AAFP website
- Pay your dues, if applicable
- Students – FREE while in medical school!
- Residents – $30/yr, usually covered by your residency program
- Transitional – $125/yr
- For those between medical school graduation and residency
- Supporting -$290/yr
- For those non-Family Medicine boarded physicians that are supportive of the mission of the AAFP
- International – $120/yr
- Inactive – $55/yr
- Life – $450 one time payment
- For those who are >70 years old or are fully retired
- Active – $450/yr
- For everyone else!
*Updated 3/2020, prices subject to change based on AAFP.org. Please see the AAFP website for accurate and up to date details.